For my summer vacation 2010 I went three weeks in my home country DR Congo. I finally discovered where I was and I enjoyed every second of my holiday.
As the field of fashion, it was impossible to return without having touched a sewing machine and without creating a dress with Congolese methods. And yes in Paris where I studied fashion, we bowl of rules / methods strict tailoring that tend to frustrate our imagination by fear of bad success. In Kinshasa (the capital of DR Congo), forget the rules, let your imagination overflowing everywhere! I had the chance to have a workshop in outdoor market ranked No. 12 Liberty (sector tailors) and learn how to sew a totally different way! I can tell you that I re-learned how to sew! It's a much easier and a different logic! The result can only say it to sew a lot faster!
As the field of fashion, it was impossible to return without having touched a sewing machine and without creating a dress with Congolese methods. And yes in Paris where I studied fashion, we bowl of rules / methods strict tailoring that tend to frustrate our imagination by fear of bad success. In Kinshasa (the capital of DR Congo), forget the rules, let your imagination overflowing everywhere! I had the chance to have a workshop in outdoor market ranked No. 12 Liberty (sector tailors) and learn how to sew a totally different way! I can tell you that I re-learned how to sew! It's a much easier and a different logic! The result can only say it to sew a lot faster!
| With Grand Wara, Jessy MATADOR for an event dedicated to the DRC in Paris. I wearthe dress I designed to market the Liberty with patriotic "pagne" dedicated to 50 years of independence of the DRC. |
DRC MY COUNTRY I LOVE YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment